Research Associate (Tampa Bay and Jacksonville)
Tucker/Hall is seeking Research Associates for its Tampa Bay area and Jacksonville offices. This position is available to college graduates who have less than two years of experience. The position gives fresh grads a chance to work inside a public relations/public affairs firm for 90-120 days working 20-40 hours a week.
Research Associates participate in firm activities and are involved in client work on a daily basis. They also help with the firm’s own marketing efforts.
The intent of the program is to provide an opportunity to gain experience and industry skills that will allow talented individuals to pursue a career in public relations or public affairs. At the end of their time with the firm, we typically assist with contacts and career planning to help Research Associates succeed in their next career step.
Research Associates are responsible for quite a bit of research. However, they also engage in media relations, planning, events, analysis, and other activities. While at the firm Research Associates work with a number of the firm’s clients and are exposed to a range of client industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, economics, political science, public policy, international relations, Latin American studies or history from a well-respected university.
- At least one internship in public relations or public affairs.
- Excellent writing skills in English.
- Spanish fluency is a plus.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of and passion for Florida.
We hire smart, energetic, optimistic self-starters who have high ambitions for their careers. Research Associates must enjoy a fast-changing environment and must work well under pressure.