Public Relations Jobs/Careers
Public Relations is a growing career path for those in business, marketing, communications and other liberal arts studies. Public relations specialists are responsible for attracting positive attention for companies through effective communication and relationship-building with the community. Positions in public relations include publicists, crisis communications managers, product communications managers, researchers, and others. Typical public relations work includes:
- Researching and developing local and national PR campaigns for clients’ overall brand image, digital communications, and reputation repair
- Creating content for digital and print media
- Communicating with local, national and independent media contacts to address concerns and promote a positive brand image for clients
- Targeting your clients’ consumers and their local communities with messages relevant to their demographic and cultural patterns
- Serving as a spokesperson for client executives in times of a crisis or period of reputation repair
- Working with your client’s marketing and legal departments, senior management and other executives
- Scheduling news conferences, contacting local media and building your client’s reputation with reporters
- Understanding the mission, company culture and objectives of your client to ensure your message is consistent
- Organizing events to establish trust for your client in the community and with the media
Along with these responsibilities, your main goal is to build a long-term relationship with your client — knowing your clients’ needs, brand personality and opportunities for growth in their industry. A public relations specialist must be able to represent their clients to the media and other stakeholders, in good times and bad.
Tucker/Hall is one of Florida’s top public relations firms, with a high-level portfolio of Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, nonprofits and emerging private enterprises. We too are an ever-growing company, with opportunity for experienced and emerging public relations specialists to find their careers in communications. We are looking for experienced, self-starting and creative individuals who can help our clients critically analyze their communications needs.
We look for candidates with leadership experience in public relations and communications, and an education in political science, economics, business, Latin American studies or related fields.
Because we recruit only top talent, we offer competitive salaries, flextime, multiple benefits, and opportunities for career advancement at Tucker/Hall. We value the personal and professional growth of our employees, encouraging them to contribute to the local community through volunteer work, mentoring opportunities, and a healthy work-life balance.
To learn more about our opportunities to work at Tucker/Hall, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 813 228-0652.